Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Unfinished- View from my place


Hey, hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend. I've been keeping quite busy juggling a few things moving into a new apartment, finishing up some classes, new work stuff, finding furniture for my new place, and still trying to set up an internet connection!

This above peice was unfinished painting straight from life. I started painting it around sunset when the light was changing super fast and having to try to salvage what I could from memory. Nonetheless, it's good to paint from life. There's a bunch of color subtely you are able to pick up that a photo might over simplify or darken.

I do enjoy the composition of this piece, with the strong right angular elements combined with the green organic bush in the background topped off with a dab of strong golden sunlight at it's crest.

No comments:

Post a Comment