Sunday, February 28, 2010

3 speed paintings



Some simple value sketches.
The top I was experimenting with trying to do a bit of an aerial composition, and added the foreground element with the character standing on top to make it more interesting, although given more time I thought I could have made a more stronger composition.

The middle was a study from an existing film frame.

On the bottom I was working a little bit with overcast light and using local value to define the major compositional shapes, as oppose to having a strong directional light or artificial light to define form. I was also experimenting a bit with trying to elicit a more calmer or serene composition. I'm not exactly sure how successful that was, but it was adequate for a exploratory study.

No comments:

Post a Comment